The annual OLLI at UVM Membership fee is $30 or $50 for two. Become a member of OLLI at UVM, and you will have the opportunity to experience educational and cultural opportunities offered through OLLI and other partnership programs and events.
Become a member and you become part of a community of people with new and different or shared interests, who all embrace similar ideas about themselves and share the value in life-long education.
Become a member and explore new as well as familiar fields of interest and to explore all of these things in an environment suited to an adult learner.
PLEASE NOTE: This online registration is for OLLI on the UVM campus site only. Sign up for any of our 8 statewide sites is done locally – to find out more, please click here and choose the site you are interesting in joining.
You Will Receive:
- University-quality learning experiences in your community
- Intellectually stimulating courses
- Opportunities to share a passion or long-standing interest with others
- A forum for friendship and socializing
- Preferential seating at select premiere UVM lectures and events
- Opportunities to participate on volunteer committees
Benefits of Membership:
- A 25% discount on OLLI courses
- OLLI e-newsletters and updates on lectures, activities, courses and events of interest
- Discounted tickets to UVM Lane Series performing arts events
- A 20% discount on business courses at UVM’s Center for Leadership and Innovation
- Priority registration for all OLLI travel opportunities
- Eligible to Purchase Membership to the UVM Campus Recreation Center
Active retired psychiatrist Andrew Siegel, M.D., says, “I participated in the OLLI-sponsored trip to Oaxaca, and I was sold. Since retiring, I have experienced the truism: there are many good opportunities out there, but there is just not enough time. So, to date, I have only done a couple of OLLI-sponsored events other than the trip. But I always have been a strong believer in continuing one’s learning beyond work life, and OLLI offers this opportunity to me. OLLI is an exciting sentient (interest) group to belong to, and there are so many interesting programs and activities offered. Just reading about them is satisfying, whetting one’s appetite and stimulating the senses – and then you can pick and choose.”
Volunteering with OLLI at UVM
OLLI at UVM sustains its program activities through community volunteers, individual contributions, membership fees, infrastructure support from UVM, and a small endowment from the Osher Foundation.
Members are the core of OLLI at UVM and are essential for OLLI to continue to thrive as a dynamic organization that is responsive to the interests of the members. Every member is encouraged to volunteer. Volunteers have a direct input into the decisions and direction of OLLI, while, in turn, OLLI benefits from members experiences, expertise, skills, and ideas. Volunteering is a rewarding and stimulating experience and a great way to meet new people.
Volunteers are needed for the Programming Committee with additional committees to be added in the future.
OLLI at UVM is also always looking for new course instructors. Teaching for OLLI can be a very rewarding opportunity: instructors find their OLLI teaching experiences to be very rich and enjoyable. OLLI learners are intelligent, vibrant, and engaging, and they bring a lifetime of experiences to the classroom.
To find out more about volunteering for OLLI, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org