The Certificate in Healthcare Management Program is an 18-credit program. Among the highlights:
- Five required courses (15 credits) from five core content areas as well as one elective course (3 credits) from a relevant area of your choosing.
- The five core content areas cover:
- Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Policy
- Financial Analysis & Decision-Making
- Biomedical Informatics
- Healthcare Ethics
- Flexible programming with 12 month and part time tracks available.
- Faculty experts from UVM’s College of Medicine, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, and College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Public Administration Program.
- Advanced-level courses geared toward professionals from all aspects of the healthcare industry.
Our redesigned Certificate in Healthcare Management accommodates the needs of busy professionals. New features include:
- Ever-expanding list of ONLINE COURSES taught by experts in the field.
- On-campus courses scheduled with professionals in mind – evenings or intensive summer sessions.
- 12-month track option for certificate completion in one calendar year.
Who Should Apply?
Our graduate-level program is open to anyone with a bachelor’s degree, a 3.0 or above GPA and designed for:
- Healthcare professionals trained in medicine, nursing, occupational or physical therapy, pharmacy or other healthcare professions.
- Non-clinical professionals in related fields such as the insurance industry, government agencies, human service agencies, non-profits and for-profit companies in healthcare.
- Students currently completing graduate studies in medicine, nursing, occupational or physical therapy, pharmacy, other healthcare professions or master’s programs in Business Administration or Public Administration.
- Anyone interested in a career in healthcare administration or in taking a leadership role in a healthcare-related field while making progress toward a certificate and potential job advancement.
- Start the program at any time of the year; a spring start allows you to finish in just 12 months.
- To review your options, contact Continuing Education at 800-639-3210 or 802-656-2085. An advisor will assist you in your decision-making process.
- You also may complete the online application now in just 5-10 minutes.
Finishing the Program
Following successful completion of 18 credits, you may obtain your Healthcare Management Certificate by contacting an advisor at Continuing Education, 802-656-2085.