Welcome to the UVM Teacher Connection web portal. As a home for teachers continuing their education and professional development at UVM, the Teacher Connection is the place to learn more about UVM offerings, faculty and special events.
Recommended Courses for Educators
- Open Enrollment
Each semester, students enroll in more than 400 Continuing and Distance Education courses offered at convenient times for working professionals and part-time students. Undergraduate and graduate-level courses are offered for individuals for professional and career advancement.There is no application process for taking an individual course, but we encourage students to always contact Continuing and Distance Education to aid in the course selection and registration process, especially for first-time students.
- Summer 2014 Suggested Courses for Teachers
- Contract Courses
Education contract courses provide an opportunity for you to earn graduate credits conveniently around the state. Contract courses are offered at a reduced tuition rate in partnership with an individual school, a school district or other sponsoring organization. Enrollment in contract courses is approved by the sponsoring school or organization and is not open to all students, so contact your school or district if you are interested in a contract course.
- Online Courses
We offer a growing selection of online courses each term in many subject areas available for credit and non-credit .
Browse Credit Online Courses
- In-state residency is based on UVM Residency PolicyIn order to be considered for in-state tuition, you must complete the Application for In-state Status. The final decision on residency is made by the residency office. Regardless of your responses, it is the student’s responsibility to understand their final residency determination before they register. The residency office may request additional information before determining residency status. All Applications for In-State Status should be received no later than the last day of the Add/Drop period for the semester for which in-state status is sought. All applications received after the Add/Drop period will be considered for the following semester for which the student is enrolled.For information on filing for in-state status, contact the Residency Office, Registrar’s Office, 85 South Prospect St., (802) 656-8515.Information is also available online under Policies & Procedures on the Register’s webpage.Teachers who live in Vermont but may not yet fulfill the requirements for Vermont residency, or, teachers who are contracted to work in a Vermont school and live outside of Vermont eg: Massachusetts, New York, or New Hampshire, may apply for in-state tuition by completing the Continuing and Distance Education’s Outreach Scholarship form.
Course Sequences and Licensure Endorsements Programs
- School Library Media Studies Sequence
Certificates and Programs The University of Vermont has designed a series of courses to help educators gain licensure as school library media specialists. The content of the coursework addresses the essential competenci…more..
- Educational Technology Online Sequence
Do you want to transform your teaching through technology and support students’ standards-based learning? Do you need to keep up with your students’ ever-expanding digital skills and interests in the Web and computer…more..
- Brain Research and Learning Sequence
The Brain Learning program is an 18-credit sequence of courses designed for professional educators, administrators, social workers, counselors, health practitioners, and other professionals who need the latest understanding of the growing, dynamic field of applied neuroscience…more..
- Vermont Mathematics Initiative
Vermont Mathematics Initiative is designed to build K–8 mathematics teacher leaders across the state that are deeply knowledgeable in mathematics content and can apply their knowledge to improve mathematics instruction. More information and an application can be found on their website.
Hear what educators are saying:
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
- Professional Business Certificate In Leadership and Management
View and print the program brochure The Vermont Business Center Leadership and Management Professional Business Certificate Program offers topical highlights from the University of Vermont’s core MBA curriculum. It i…more..
- Contract Courses for Educators
In Participating School Districts Only Offered at a reduced tuition rate in partnership with an individual school, school district or other sponsoring organization. Earn graduate credits conveniently around the sta…more..
- Veterans’ Family Support Program
This new sequence is designed to assist those who work in Social Service and Education in becoming familiar with issues and challenges encountered by Military Personnel and Their Families. These courses can be taken indi…more.
No other Vermont institution can match our breath and depth of academic programs. As a comprehensive research university, UVM offers content from our seven colleges, 52 master’s degree, 21 doctoral degrees, an honors college and medical school. Yet, UVM feels like a small liberal arts college, with intimate classes that allow you to interact closely with your professors and student peers.
By choosing the College of Education and Social Services, you will study with researchers who are changing the way teachers teach in the classroom and learning in the only accredited teacher program in the State (nationally by the National Council for Accreditation for Teacher Education, NCATE).
For more information on specific CESS programs, use the following links:
- Master of Education: Curriculum and Instruction Program
- Educational Leadership
- Educational Studies (Master of Education)
- Interdisciplinary (Master of Education)
- Reading and Language Arts (Master of Education)
- Special Education (Master of Education)
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Educational Leadership (Post-Master’s Certificate)
- Integrated Studies (Post-Master’s Certificate)
- Special Education (Post-Master’s Certificate)
- Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
|EDCI 200 BU2||Curriculum & Instruction: Bldg Stdnts SelfEsteem & Comm||to||Mon||to||3||13359|
|EDCI 325 OL1||Curriculum & Instruction: Teacher Ldrsp Tech Integration (online)||to||N/A||See Notes||3||15159|
|EDCI 333 OL1||Curriculum & Instruction: Curr Concepts/Planning/Develop (online)||to||N/A||See Notes||3||11823|
|EDCO 291 Z1||Counseling: Happiness, Mindfulness&Health|
This section is full: view available options
|EDFS 001 ZRA||Foundations: D1:Race and Racism in the U.S.|
Only 1 Seat Available, Register Soon!
|EDLP 372 ZRA||Leadership and Policy Studies: Leadership&Creative Imaginatn|
Only 2 Seats Available, Register Soon!
|EDSP 200 Z1||Special Education: Family,Support,Cult&Disability||to||Mon||to||3||16008|
There are no courses that meet this criteria.
There are no courses that meet this criteria.