As a leader in your organization, you may not be directly responsible for human resources, but you still need to understand the best practices, legal issues, policies and fiscal realities surrounding employment. As you implement a strategic plan for your organization, what are the implications for employee management? In the ever-changing legal and economic environment of the American workplace, what flexibility do you have? This seminar will help you develop strategies for human resources that complement and support your organization’s overall vision and future plans.
- Learn the current issues, policies, best practices, and future trends in human resource management.
- Prepare a plan that takes into account the human and financial impacts of major changes in workplace culture and organization, including downsizing, separation and outsourcing.
- Explore planning, staffing, compensation and benefits, and employee rights in the context of today’s uncertain economic climate and ever-shifting labor market.
- Build plans for recruitment, interviewing and assessment, retention, performance appraisals, training, and more.
Who Should Attend:
- Business leaders, managers, presidents and CEOs
- Small-business owners and entrepreneurs
- Non-profit leaders and managers
- Human resource professionals
In this highly interactive course, bring your best practices and ideas to share with other leaders as we explore current issues and concerns in human resources. Special emphasis will be placed on in-class exercises, discussions, and presentations.
- .75 CEUs
Seminar Fee Includes:
- All seminar materials
- Breakfast and lunch
- University of Vermont Certificate of Achievement